Dr.Iakovos Theodosiou MD.DipU
RELATED MENU[weaver_extra_menu menu=’DIET_ENG’ style=’menu-vertical’]
If you have cellulite you are indeed the vast majority – over 80% of women over 20 will develop cellulite in their lives. Although men can make cellulite, about 90-98% of cellulite cases occur in women. Unfortunately for women, 100% contribute their genes.
Cellulite is a result of the enlarged body fat accumulation, under the skin, which raises the overlying connective tissue.
This pressure from the fat up, the top layers of skin, pushes up everything and creates a dimple on the skin surface. When it extended the cellulitis spread over a wider surface and gives the appearance of orange peel.
Cellulite is actually a problem of adipose tissue and is the first step in the entry of obesity (increased fat).
No matter if you are thin inside you have an increase fat.
The causes of cellulite are not well understood, but there are various theories have been proposed as an explanation. Among these are:
- Hormonal factors – hormones play an important role in the development of cellulite. Estrogens, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones and prolactin play an important role in creation.
- Genetics – The genes may predispose an individual with particular characteristics associated with cellulite, such as gender, race, slow metabolism, distribution of fat just below the skin, and circulatory failure.
- Nutrition – people who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, salt and very few fibers are likely to have more cellulite.
- Lifestyle – Cellulite may be more prevalent in smokers, those who do not play sports and those who sit or stand in one position for long periods.
- Clothing – underwear or clothes firmly and resiliently in the region of the buttocks (limiting blood flow) may contribute to the formation of cellulite.
The real truth and radical solution to cellulite is that you need to reduce body fat both total and local.
The ketogenic diet is the only treatment which acts to cause of the problem that is reduction in fat and not merely improves the region in order to reduce only the poor appearance of the skin.
Ketogenic diet puts the body in a metabolic state called nutritional ketosis. In nutritional ketosis the body uses almost exclusively fat for energy during combustion of fat produces substances called ketones or ketone bodies. Ketones we can measure both blood and urine.
The ketogenic diet REDUCES FAT, increases metabolism and exercise in a metabolic way cells to prefer fat benring as main fuel.